To help protect your safety, as well as the safety of our restaurants and riders, as the COVID-19 outbreak continues, the pickup and delivery of all food on deliveroo will now be contact-free.
As minimizing the contact during the entire delivery process is key to keep everyone healthy, we now have mandatory contact-free delivery for every order. This way, your rider will leave your food at your door, step back 1,5 meter and wait for you to collect it.
This is how it works:
- The moment you open the Deliveroo app, a pop-up message will appear letting you know that all orders will now be delivered contact-free.
- Next, you can add additional delivery instructions so your rider knows where to leave your food.
- You'll receive a notification when your rider is nearby, reminding you that your order will be delivered contact-free
- As soon as your rider arrives, they will place your food safely on the ground next to your door.
- Your rider will step back at least 1,5 meter and wait nearby for you to collect it.
We understand that this is a worrying time for everyone, and we want to make sure that our delivery process is safe for everyone. Therefore, we have taken additional precautions and asked our restaurant partners to introduce contact-free pick up with Deliveroo riders. We have provided each of our partners with signs to place at their property so that the new safety measures are understood and respected by everyone.
Furthermore, we have been in contact with our riders and notified them to deliver the orders entirely contact-free as of now.
Our Deliveroo team is fully committed to providing you with a safe and delicious food experience, and we hope that this new feature will fulfil this purpose.
Enjoy your food and stay safe!